Choral Response is a verbal repetition strategy that encourages students to respond in unison when prompted with a cue by an instructor. The oral response can be either to answer a question or to repeat something said by the teacher. The choral response allows the teacher to determine if most students understand a concept.
Ideal for curriculum content that:
- can be answered in short 1-3 word responses.
- has only a single correct answer to the question.
- is presented in a fast paced manner.
How to Use the Strategy:
Download these resources to use in your classroom.
Directions for printing Toolbox Cards
1.Download the toolbox card
2. Select the save button in the right hand corner
3. Open the saved document
4. Select File>Print
5. Change Page Scaling setting to Booklet Printing
6. Change Booklet Subset to Both sides
7. Press OK